Have you ever had an headache? I am sure that you have had a headache before. Did you know that there are 7 types of headaches that person can have. The seven types of headaches are; migraines, menstrual headaches, tension headaches, Cluster headaches, sinus headaches, the "no caffeine" headache, and injury headaches.
1. Migraine headaches are misdiagnosed and the most common of all headaches. Migraines tend to be genetic and often people are told to "take a Tylenol" when they say they have a headache. People are treated very poorly and often told that they are being dramatic with the pain. Migraines are most common with woman, but men to suffer from them. Often migraine pain is on one side of the head and people will have vision problems when they suffer from a migraine. Sometimes the victim will have numbness on one part of the body an/or have trouble walking. Stress and food can trigger migraines and there is medicine to help with the pain. Migraines are very serious and could have someone bedridden for weeks. This problem should be treated seriously.
2. Menstrual headaches , like the name says, is something that females get during their periods. This usually has to do with hormonal levels in the female body during menstruation.
3. Tension headaches, like the name says, these headaches can be caused by stress, in fact, most tension headaches are caused by stress. Tension headaches are dull and aching and it can feel like a rubber band is around their head. Tension headaches are not caused by disease just too much stress.
4. Cluster headaches are not migraines and with migraines more woman have them, more men have cluster headaches. These headaches come on suddenly and can last months. These headaches come on without warning and can cause severe pain. They affect one side of the head and sometimes they will also effect the eye, by tearing, or the nose by having a running nose. They can be very painful that many people can not sleep and have to keep moving to distract them from the pain.
5. Sinus headaches are when the sinus cavities are inflamed or you have an sinus infection. This pain can happen by the eyebrows, cheeks and bridge of the nose. This is curable usually by antibiotics, allergy medicine and air vaporizers.
6. "No Caffeine" headaches are when the body does not get enough caffeine because you have not given the body caffeine. Caffeine is an addicted drug and if you are a person whom drinks a lot of coffee, over 4 cups of coffee, your body will start to withdrawal . Your body can handle 4 cups of coffee. Caffeine causes the blood vessels in your brain to get smaller, and when caffeine levels drop, the blood vessels widen and can cause headaches. If you suffer from many migraines, try tracking your coffee intake. To get rid of a caffeine headache use over the counter pain relievers, drink water and massage the painful areas.
7. Injury headaches is what the name says. These are headaches that a person will get when they have an injury or medical illness. Hitting your head, brain injuries, brain surgeries can cause head pains and sometimes they last longer than the surgery or injury. These are headaches that you need to see your doctor in order to get the proper advice and care. Please do not treat these headaches haphazardly.
Headaches can be very severe and like all medical emergencies one should get medical help if they have a headache that is lasting longer than a week or causes other areas of the body pain or discomfort. Please be familiar with your body and what is familiar and not familiar.