The latest News
Everyone should learn cpr, but there are some occupations that require it. We have listed the occupations that require CPR.
Have you ever had an headache? I am sure that you have had a headache before. Did you know that there are 7 types of headaches that person can have. The seven types of headaches are; migraines, menstrual headaches, tension headaches, Cluster headaches, sinus headaches, the "no caffeine" headache, and injury headaches.
1. Migraine headaches are misdiagnosed and the most common of all headaches. Migraines tend to be genetic and often people are told to "take a Tylenol" when they say they have a headache. People are treated very poorly and often told that they are being dramatic with the pain. Migraines are most common with woman, but men to suffer from them. Often migraine pain is on one side of the head and people will have vision problems when they suffer from a migraine. Sometimes the victim will have numbness on one part of the body an/or have trouble walking. Stress and food can trigger migraines and there is medicine to help with the pain. Migraines are very serious and could have someone bedridden for weeks. This problem should be treated seriously.
2. Menstrual headaches , like the name says, is something that females get during their periods. This usually has to do with hormonal levels in the female body during menstruation.
3. Tension headaches, like the name says, these headaches can be caused by stress, in fact, most tension headaches are caused by stress. Tension headaches are dull and aching and it can feel like a rubber band is around their head. Tension headaches are not caused by disease just too much stress.
4. Cluster headaches are not migraines and with migraines more woman have them, more men have cluster headaches. These headaches come on suddenly and can last months. These headaches come on without warning and can cause severe pain. They affect one side of the head and sometimes they will also effect the eye, by tearing, or the nose by having a running nose. They can be very painful that many people can not sleep and have to keep moving to distract them from the pain.
5. Sinus headaches are when the sinus cavities are inflamed or you have an sinus infection. This pain can happen by the eyebrows, cheeks and bridge of the nose. This is curable usually by antibiotics, allergy medicine and air vaporizers.
6. "No Caffeine" headaches are when the body does not get enough caffeine because you have not given the body caffeine. Caffeine is an addicted drug and if you are a person whom drinks a lot of coffee, over 4 cups of coffee, your body will start to withdrawal . Your body can handle 4 cups of coffee. Caffeine causes the blood vessels in your brain to get smaller, and when caffeine levels drop, the blood vessels widen and can cause headaches. If you suffer from many migraines, try tracking your coffee intake. To get rid of a caffeine headache use over the counter pain relievers, drink water and massage the painful areas.
7. Injury headaches is what the name says. These are headaches that a person will get when they have an injury or medical illness. Hitting your head, brain injuries, brain surgeries can cause head pains and sometimes they last longer than the surgery or injury. These are headaches that you need to see your doctor in order to get the proper advice and care. Please do not treat these headaches haphazardly.
Headaches can be very severe and like all medical emergencies one should get medical help if they have a headache that is lasting longer than a week or causes other areas of the body pain or discomfort. Please be familiar with your body and what is familiar and not familiar.
Many people may believe that CPR is a class that only some occupations, like teachers and healthcare need. However, learning CPR is a skill that everyone should learn. In fact, most cardiac problems will occur in a person's home not in an occupation. In a CPR class you will learn how to recognize a cardiac arrest in an adult, child or even infant. You will also learn how to save a person's life if they are choking and believe me this is a skill that most should learn because in a person's lifetime you will witness a choking incident. A CPR class will give you the knowledge and skills to save a life and become an hero in that person's life.
ATTENTION! Arizona cpr training and certification is in no way affiliated with “Heart safe medical training”. For what ever reason this other company has rented a virtual office space at the same address we office from. They have also been following us online, using our material and even tried to parrot our radio advertisement. Several or our clients have been confused by this and few thought this was some kind of scam. We assure it is not, we do not know these people and we apologize for any confusion this has caused. We have been in business since 2012 providing quality training in a comfortable environment. This other company opened their doors in February 2019 . Again we are not affiliated with or even know these other people, or why they have decided to follow us so closely.
Do you know what a seizure is? Do you know how to care for a person suffering from a seizure? These are important questions that everyone should know. Anyone can have a seizure at any time. Seizures will happen if you have epilepsy, other seizure disorders, accidents, poisonings, new medications, flashing lights etc...
A seizure is the electrical chemical activity caused by complex chemical changes that occur in nerve cells. Brain cells either excite or inhibit (stop) other brain cells from sending messages. Usually there is a balance of cells that excite and those that can stop these messages. However, when a seizure occurs, there may be too much or too little activity, causing an imbalance between exciting and stopping activity. The chemical changes can lead to surges of electrical activity that cause seizures.
If some one has a seizure please follow these steps;
Within the past few months in my CPR and first aid classes I have had construction workers say they have epinephrine pens because they have severe allergic reactions to bees. What really disturbs me, in one class, one guy said that he told his coworkers where his pen is, and that one bee sting can kill him and his coworkers started making jokes out of it. This type of allergic reaction is called anaphylaxis shock. It is VERY serious and could kill someone. THIS IS NO LAUGHING MATTER. A person with an epinephrine pen (epi pen) has a very serious allergy and needs your help to stay alive when stung by a bee.
Anaphylaxis causes your immune system to release a flood of chemicals that can cause you to go into shock. Your blood pressure will drop, causing your airway to narrow and block your breathing. The signs of anaphylaxis are rapid, or weak pulse, a skin rash, and nausea and vomiting. This is caused by the venom in the sting.
When someone gets stung by a bee, you must call 911 and give the person his epi pen. If you don't have an epi pen, you need to go to an emergency room immediately, by ambulance. If anaphylaxis isn't treated right away, it can be fatal.
The steps in using an epi pen are as followed;
On Monday afternoon, a 6-year-old child was pulled, unconscious from a backyard pool in West Phoenix. The family knew what to do and started CPR and call 911. The paramedics arrived and continued CPR and because the parents started CPR and paramedics did their job the boy started breathing on his own on the way to the hospital. The boy is in critical condition, and I will keep you updated on his progress let’s hope he make a great recovery.
Everyone that owns a pool should learn CPR and first aid. Parents never assume that this drowning incident will never happen to you because that is probably what these parents said. When you purchase a home with a pool or rent a home with a pool please follow these guidelines to make your summer fun safe.